About the project:
“We are one of very few rescues who take in the most difficult medical cases. We do it because no one else will.”
This says it all, the Sean Casey Animal Rescue is specialized in rescue, rehabilitation and placement of dogs, cats, reptiles, birds and small mammals in New York City, who no one else will be able to handle.
How can I help?
The Sean Casey Animal Rescue Projekt needs your help in the following areas:
Just drop in if you feel like walking a dog and don’t forget to complete their easy Volunteer Dog Walker Application before you head out. But there are some rules:
- You must be at least 18 years of age (no exceptions)
- Volunteers under 21 are need to have a parent or guardian signature
- Complete Dog Walker Volunteer application
- You will need a charged mobile phone, since they will ask you to sign out with your name and phone number
VOLUNTEERING at SCAR (only with NY address):
If you are interested in volunteering at the shelter and learn more about the project, you need to attend one of their Volunteer Orientations. These sessions are happening every 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month from 7 – 8 PM. You need to:
- be at least 13 years old to volunteer all by yourself
- complete a volunteer application and assessment form
- have an Email address
- bring picture ID and proof of address
- attend a Volunteer Orientation Class
Nope, it’s free! 🙂
What to expect?
New Yorks coolest dogs!
Where to sleep?
New York is quite expensive, but I made a short list of affordable accommodations near the shelter:
Airbnb: Private room for 76 €
What to bring?
Good shoes & motivation. 🙂
153 East 3rd Street
Brooklyn, New York 11218
Open 7 days a week:
11:00 am – 7:00 pm